April 6, 2020
Pouncey Tract Veterinary Hospital remains committed to providing the highest quality veterinary care during the COVID-19 global pandemic. We want to assure you that your health and safety as well as the health of your beloved pet is our utmost concern.
Currently, PTVH remains open and operating but starting April 2, 2020 we have elected to adjust our operating hours slightly. We will be opening at 7:30am but will be closing early at 5:00pm Monday-Friday. Saturday we will be open from 7:30am- 11:30am.
What we ask of you to help with this new temporary protocol and process
- Please take advantage of our new client, and current patient check in forms on our website. The check in forms can be found on our website ptvethospital.com or by clicking the link https://www.ptvethospital.com/check-in-appointment-form.pml
- Please be aware as schools and day care facilities are closed, we, unfortunately, may need to run with a smaller staff. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but sincerely ask for your patience during this uncertain time. We appreciate your flexibility if we do need to change your appointment, take longer to refill medications, or take longer to get your pets to you than our normal manor.
- We are also trying to stagger our appointment schedule and requesting that our normal “run-in-back” appointments be scheduled with our front staff instead of just between the hours of 10am-2pm to make sure we have the appropriate staff available to care for your pet.
Effective March 23, 2020 all appointments, medication pick-ups, drop-offs, boarding reservations, surgical appointments, etc. will be handling following the recommended
“Low Contact Concierge Procedure”
- When you arrive to our hospital remain in your car.
- Please call the hospital at (804) 364-4444 to alert the staff of your arrival. At this time our patient care coordinator will alert the staff of your arrival and proceed to check you in over the phone.
- We will send a staff member to greet you and bring your pet in for their appointment or drop off service.
- If your pet is here for an appointment, please remain in your car in our parking lot after a staff member has taken your pet. Your pet’s Veterinarian or staff member will call once an evaluation has been performed (similar to our drop-off service) and will discuss any recommendations. Your pet will then be brought back to you with any prescribed medications and we will instruct you to call in to make payment over the phone.
- If you are here to pick up your pet after a drop-off procedure, surgery, or to pick up your pet’s medications and/or food, etc. please call when you arrive, and we will bring your pet or the items out to your car.
Thank you so much for your patience, understanding, and your help keeping our community safe! Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns.
The Doctors and Staff at Pouncey Tract Veterinary Hospital